Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slime Time

This semester, I'm enrolled in an elective figure painting class. It would mark the first time I have ever used oil paint and I must say the class is the perfect finish for my VERY occupied Tuesdays and Thursdays (I dread my Tuesday/Thursdays....). Painting with oil is meditative and interactive; I very much enjoy the ease of mixing the paint right on the canvas. This painting marks 4 classes into figure painting. I began the class with a slight alla prima approach with unsatisfactory results, so this last piece I decided to take my time a bit more to keep my edges refined and my colors neatly blended. The next 3 classes with be devoted to one painting only versus new paintings each class, so I am definitely looking forward to that! I think in the future I want to play more with color and stylization, feel this is the elective to do so without getting too much criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment